Urodynamic Testing in Hattiesburg, MS
The urinary system can be affected by many different problems. Urodynamic testing refers to a special medical test designed to determine if the bladder is healthy and functioning properly. Urodynamic testing is often the first step of a bladder or urinary health treatment program.
Request more information about urodynamic testing today: call (769) 241-3447 or contact Innovative Health LLC online.
What is Urodynamic Testing?
A urodynamic test is a diagnostic tool to determine if the bladder and urethra are working properly. This is sometimes known simply as urodynamics. This test can determine the root cause of many bladder conditions and urinary health problems.
- Urinary incontinence (involuntary release of urine)
- Frequent urination
- Painful urination
- Inability to empty bladder
- Bladder stones
- Urinary tract infections
- Frequent stopping and starting
- Overactive bladder
Most people associate urodynamic testing with urinary incontinence. There are, in fact, several different types of urinary incontinence that may be detected by this test. These include:
- Stress incontinence (urine leakage due to abdominal stress or pressure)
- Urge incontinence (urgent desire to urinate, cannot in time)
- Overflow incontinence (cannot empty bladder, leading to leakage)
How does Urodynamic Testing Work?
There is more than one type of urodynamic test. For most types of basic urodynamic testing, here is what to expect:
- The volume and flow of urine is measured as the bladder empties into a container or cup.
- A catheter is inserted in to the bladder. This catheter measures the remaining amount of urine in the bladder.
- Water may also be passed from the catheter to the bladder, in order to measure how much urine the bladder can hold before leakage occurs.
If this test indicates that there is extra fluid left in the bladder after urination, the inability to hold urine without leakage or any other problems, treatment can be advised. Urodynamic testing can help explain symptoms of urinary incontinence and other problems.
Request Urodynamic Testing Today
Urinary incontinence and other bladder problems can be extremely embarrassing. Not knowing the source of the problem makes it even more frustrating. Thankfully, urodynamic testing provides an effective tool in uncovering the source of bladder problems.
Request more information today: call (769) 241-3447 or contact Innovative Health LLC online.
Innovative Health LLC
Address111 Fountains Blvd
Madison, MS 39110
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm